Statement of Faith:
- The Bible is the inspired Word of God and is historically and scientifically accurate throughout.
- Nature reveals the Creator's handiwork. The study of the natural world by means of the scientific method will help us understand the created order.
- Plants, animals and man were specifically created as independent functional units by God in six normal, consecutive days.
- The Genesis Flood was a historical, global event.
- The genealogies recorded in Scripture limit the maximum age of the earth to less than 10,000 years.
- Death was introduced by the fall of Adam and Eve, making salvation necessary through the redemptive work of Jesus Christ.
Our position distinguishes us from many other Christian organizations, who either openly accept evolution, and therefore typically discount the rest of the Scriptures as well, or they believe that "The history in Genesis is
not important - the Gospel is what counts!"
We are convinced that the Bible's historical reporting is more accurate than are competing sources. (Our information points to scientific and historical data that demonstrate the truth of the Bible's claims.) It matters
because truth itself matters, and because if we reject its historical claims because they describe a supernatural origin of the universe and life, it is inconsistent to believe in a supernatural Christ, Who performed
supernatural miracles. Everything else in the Bible is founded on the historical information in Genesis!